Corporate Campus Renovation
1,300,000 sq. ft.
The project at Plantation Pointe was one of the largest we have worked on to date. Blue Water was tasked with completely redeveloping and reconfiguring an old single-occupant campus in Plantation, Florida into an attractive and modern multi-tenant office campus.
There were many challenges to this project, but our team was energized to come up with innovative solutions to each obstacle we faced. Among those challenges were site layout and utilities suited for only a single tenant and two retention lakes that restricted access to the facilities.
The Blue Water team reimagined the exterior layout to create a more welcoming campus by updating facades, creating entrances, water features, and gathering spaces. We also modernized interior spaces with amenities like cafeterias and fitness clubs that clients are looking for. While work was occurring, we managed the site to keep the original tenant occupied and operational.
The project was a success: after work was completed, our client was able to reach 100% occupancy for the entire site within the first year.
- 1.3 million square foot renovation, taking one connected building and creating four stand-alone buildings
- Completely modified parking area and entrances to the site to serve multiple tenants
- Filled in water retention lakes to make room for new retail and restaurants
- Created a new water retention lake in another part of the facility
- Updated facades and created new water features and outdoor gathering areas
- Brought in utilities and make-ready pads for retail out-lots
- Planted 1,300 new trees and relocated 600 trees throughout the site
- Renovated the existing cafeteria and added a new employee fitness center